Telecommunications Network Engineer
We currently have open positions for various skill/experience levels. Below are the minimum requirements
Performs services to enable all aspects of the network to include maintenance, sustainment of existing networks, and identification/correction of complex internetwork issues.
- Maintaining data, voice and/or video network hardware and systems;
- Investigating and resolving network and hardware matters of significance;
- Researches, analyzes, isolates and resolving errors;
- Assesses and updates older networks as needed and in accordance with specified plans.
- Providing escalated Tier-2 and Tier-3 technical support on data, voice or video networks;
- Answers technical questions; recommends and Implementing approved course of action.
- Installing network applications on network servers or voice equipment; Maintaining, tests, researches and resolving problems.
- Designs, Implementing and maintaining various networks such as LAN, CAN, and voice systems in accordance with specified requirements.
- Preparing data or voice network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
- Performing data or voice network configurations and configuration changes of various voice or data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management systems, etc. to enhance performance.
- Serves as a role model to less experienced personnel.
- Additional responsibilities may be included for higher position levels.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
Four (4) years of experience. Associate’s degree in engineering technology from an accredited college is required. Two (2) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for an Associate’s degree. Additional experience/education is required for higher position levels.
Certifications: An IAT level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required. CCNA, or equivalent, certification or higher is required for other engineering levels.
Required Clearance: Candidate must have a TS/SCI polygraph clearance
Please put the name of the job listing as the subject of your e-mail and include a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three professional references.